Friday, November 2, 2012

Little pizzas!

This is a post highlighting a favorite I had growing up. My mom has always simply called it, "little pizzas". Because that's essentially what they are!

It's a meal that is VERY easy, tasty, customize-able, fast, cheap. I like to add this to the menu when I've had a long week and need something that's simple and not the healthiest. You know, sometimes you just want something that fulfills that greasy/buttery pit in your stomach! (Although, I don't think this meal is really that unhealthy, just the fact that it is a pizza makes me feel that it fills that void hah.)

So I will not waste time, here is: little pizzas! Brought you to by my mom.

Ingredients

-Your favorite dinner biscuits in the tubes! I use Pillsbury flakey buttermilk (8 pk)
-Pizza sauce. Buy it, make it, whatever. if you want easy-peasy, buy it ;). A small can will do. I usually buy the squeezeable bottle and refrigerate leftovers for future use.
-mozzarella cheese (Usually use a little under one package, so 1-2 cups)
-toppings (I usually choose pepperoni, fresh bell pepper (green/red), mushrooms, onion. but you can include any of your favorite toppings!)
That's really it.

Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 350 (or 325 if using dark nonstick)
2. Open up your biscuit tube and lay them out on a flat baking sheet. Lightly grease the pan if it is not-nonstick.


3. Flatten the biscuits, just knead with your hand against the baking sheet. It's okay if the edges are touching each other.
4. Plop on as much pizza sauce as your heart desires, spread with the back of a spoon.

 5. Now, this next step is one of controversy depending on how you like your pizza. Some people say add the cheese THEN the toppings, but for me, since I like to pile on lots of goodies I put the toppings on first so they stay on the pizza. They stick to the sauce better. So yes, chop up your toppings if need-be and put on the pizzas!




6. Add the cheese. Enough to cover them.


7. Put in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Check on them and see how the biscuits are browning on the sides and if the cheese is melty. Then just keep an eye on them for up to 17 minutes or so. They might be to your preference earlier. You'll just have to determine what time is best for you the first time you make them and stick with that. I think it usually takes me about 15-16 minutes to get the perfect little pizza. :)
8. WAIT 5 minutes before eating. Just like any pizza, it'll destroy the inside of your mouth if you eat it directly out of the oven.
9. ENJOY!!! :D Just like regular pizza, I think these are also delicious cold, the next day.


Feel free to swap out ingredients for your own taste.

Serve with a nice, green salad!

1 comment: