After making this, I found I really enjoyed the sauce. I can see how it is quite customize-able, allowing you to use different cheeses if you like! I made the traditional type with parmesan. The only negative aspect of this meal was that it was too cheesy (for my taste). I thought the ravioli was going to be much more "chicken" than "cheese"...and I was wrong. :-P
Anyway, here is the recipe. It's super easy!
- 1/4 cup (half stick) butter
- 1 cup heavy cream (you can find this by specialty milks (soy) and creamers)
- 1 clove garlic (minced, crushed, pressed, whatever!)
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan--don't use the kind you think of for spaghetti in the green shake container, I recommending using the flakey kind, or grate your own. It'll melt down easy and taste the best!)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I didn't have any and it tasted fine, but I could see how this would be nice!)
- Something to eat with the sauce! As I mentioned, I used chicken ravioli
|Delicious, extremely cheesy!|
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir often. The butter and cream don't mix super well, but just keep stirring and heating. This is normal!
- Add garlic and cheese, whisk quickly, heating it all through. It'll take a little bit for the cheese to melt and it might be clumping, so the whisking is definitely necessary. If you don't have a whisk, of course you can just use a fork!
- Stir in parsley (if you're using it) and serve over your noodles or ravioli or ... ! :D