Here is a recipe I found from Kraft Foods! It is very delicious and very easy. It's an entire meal in one thing...meat, rice, and veggies! For those extra hungry men out there, you might want to consider two peppers or eating the left-over filling. Sometimes one pepper just doesn't seem like enough. But for Sal and I, two are great! Enjoy!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pack (about 3 tbsp) of your favorite taco seasoning packet
Meijer does just fine!
- ~1 cup water (divided)
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup instant white rice, uncooked
Why is it called "minute" if it takes five?
- 2 large red peppers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (we use sharp cheddar)
- Heat oven to 400 *F.
- Brown meat with onions in skillet on medium heat.
I love me some onions!
- Stir in taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil; simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Smells like tacos!
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the remaining water in skillet.
- Add tomatoes; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Everything but the cheese!
- Cut tops off of peppers, discarding the tops and inner seeds. I usually rinse mine out with water.
- Add half cup cheese to meat mixture; stir.
- Spoon mixture of meat, cheese, rice, tomato, onion...into peppers; top with remaining cheese. (You'll probably have some left over, add it to your plate when the peppers are done. It's great on its own.)
Stuffed, pre-cheese topping.
- Cover with foil and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- I have foil underneath as well because it makes for easier clean-up.
- I also recommend using a deeper baking dish (like a loaf pan) so they are easy to cover.
|YUM!!!! (a spoon of salsa on top for an added touch!)|